BUSCA annual report: Highlights of activity over the year
We hope you are well aware that BUSCA (Barrow upon Soar Community Association) sets up and runs lots of activities for the benefit of Barrow. As a charity, we have to produce an Annual Report of the previous year and make a budget for the future year. The document is then approved at the AGM which, this year, was held in April. It is a public document and there is a copy in the Library. You can also find it on the Charity Commission website: www.charitycommission.gov.uk - our charity number is 505692.
However, we aren’t very good at reminding the village what we’ve been up to so this year we are giving Barrow Voice readers a list of highlights from last year.
• £2000 to fund to a second evening of youth work in the village. The Parish Council and County Council contributed a similar amount • Improved advertising revenue for Barrow Voice, enabling the publication of part colour editions
• The new and highly successful “Barrow’s Got Talent”, organised by the Youth Theatre Group
• The Youth Action group won a Community Cashback award and installed the grafitti wall
Most of the activities which took place in 2009 will be repeated in 2010. New projects which are planned include:-
• Working with the Parish Council to improve the entrances to the village
• Running a Barrow Art/Photography Festival
• Improving the Community Centre entrance at HPHS hopefully by commissioning a sculpture or piece of art work
There are many aspects to the work of BUSCA and we are always looking to involve as many residents as we can. So why not have a read of the Annual Report to see if there is anything that interests you.
David Rodgers - Treasurer 07718 153117